Products and Services
At Ashcroft Vision Care, we take pride in offering personal, local service and it’s always with a familiar smile from our optometrists and staff. We’ve been a part of Dauphin’s professional community for over 40 years and we have a satellite office in beautiful Roblin, MB.
Both of our locations carry a full selection of eyeglasses. The frame selection at Ashcroft Vision Care is second to none. We have frames from the top designers around the world. We receive new frames daily so our selection is always fresh and up-to-date. We stock frames in all price ranges from budget to high end custom designer frames. We also offer:
- Eyeglass cases, cords, and straps to protect your eyewear
- Lens cleaner and cleaning cloths
- Sunglasses to provide proper UVA/UVB protection for your eyes
- A wide variety of soft and rigid contact lenses for all wearing schedules
- Contact lens accessories such as cases and cleaning solution
Ashcroft Vision Care specializes in providing our patients with first class service. It is our goal to ensure you feel you have been “more than well taken care of”. To us, service is a priority.
Regular services that we offer
- Healthy eye exams. Click here for more information what to expect at your eye exam and how often you should book one.
- Children’s eye exams. Click here for information on why it is crucial to have your child’s eyes tested early and regularly.
- Contact lens fitting and follow-up. Click here for more information.
- Eyeglass repairs and adjustments – you will find more information on why this is so important if you click here.
- Visual Fields screening to check your central and peripheral vision
- Optical Coherance Tomography (OCT), which refers to a 3D image of various tissues within the eye - produced using very specialized instrumentation
- Visucam - this instrument takes high-definition pictures of the optic nerve and back of the central part of the eye (the macula) to check the optic nerve and for macular disease
- Optomap – this instrument takes a wide angle picture of the back of the eye to check for peripheral eye disease. It focuses more on the outer areas of the retina.
- Visual Evaluation and Vision Therapy
- Sports and Performance Vision Training (Dr. Mills)
Did you know that 1 in 4 children in school are likely to have a vision-related learning problem which can limit their full learning potential? Many of these problems are corrected with a comprehensive eye exam from your Doctor of Optometry. Manitoba health covers these comprehensive eye exams until the age of 19, so it’s good to be checked yearly during this time!
There are many aspects to vision. Seeing letters on an eye chart or "seeing 20/20" is only a very, very small part of how vision works. The way the eyes track an object or move across words on a page is also very important, someone who has a hard time with this may still see 20/20 and not have blurry vision, but maybe they are slow readers or have to use their finger to follow the lines. Another part of vision involves how our brain takes in this information and gives out a response or processes it is another aspect. Someone who has difficulties in these areas may have a difficult time picking specific items out of scene (figure-ground) or reading maps while driving (form constancy).
With our new vision therapy and binocular vision clinic we are now able to dig into these parts of our vision and help diagnose and treat through eye exercises and brain training some of these difficulties. All our staff and doctors are happy to answer any questions you may have about these new and exciting aspects of our clinic, ask us how this could help you! Below is a link to a list of vision-related learning symptoms from the College of Optometrists in Vision Development, the website has plenty of information on vision therapy and binocular vision as well!